At Helander, our over 80 years of metal forming and fabrication expertise have drawn a growing number of customers—ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies—who turn to us for their precision metal part and product needs.
In response to growing customer demand and unique specifications, we’re happy to announce that we are adding a new building to our facilities to address their needs. The expansion will allow us to increase our production capacity, as well as expand our capabilities to better serve our customers.
New and Enhanced Capabilities at Our New Facility
The planned 28,000-square-foot facility will serve as the new home for our welding and polishing departments. The additional room provided by the expansion will allow us to increase our automatic polishing capabilities and introduce new, highly anticipated heat treating capabilities. In addition to housing these operations, the new facility will also feature:
- A warehouse space to help us stock larger quantities of parts for customers
- A bigger conference room and meeting area for hosting new and existing customers
- A showroom to highlight past successful projects to customers and partners
Quality Control Expansion
With the completion of the new building, more space will open up in our current building, turning our dedicated QC area to a QC Lab. We’re taking advantage of this extra room by expanding our existing Quality Control department and inspection area, allowing us to better ensure the quality of the parts and products we produce. Our new QC enhancements include:
- Addition of a second FARO ARM CMM which allows for an additional 1.5 feet of reach, with Blue HD laser scanning capabilities. Our Blue HD laser scanner can now take millions of reference points vs hundreds of reference points.
- FARO ARM CMM capabilities: 9’ reach which can be used in conjunction with our other CMM.
- New open floor plan that is climate/temperature controlled.
- Display of customer samples + customer gauging, as well as a proper inventory section for customer tooling/samples.
- 300% growth to our polishing department and a larger welding facility.
- Addition of an annealing/heat treating oven that can heat up to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
Altogether, our two facilities will give us the room to optimize our manufacturing operations to increase productivity and efficiency. Additionally, they will allow us the opportunity to enhance the quality of our services for existing customers and increase our production capacity to support future customers’ needs.
Metal Polishing and Welding Services at Helander
We offer a wide range of metal forming and fabrication services, including metal polishing and welding.
Using advanced manual lathe and turntable polishing equipment, our metal polishing department achieves surface finishes from 36 to 240 grit. We accommodate virtually every requested type of metal, including aluminum, brass, bronze, copper, stainless steel, and steel. Our partnerships with reputable finishing service providers allow us to offer other secondary services, such as anodizing, electropolishing, painting, plating, and more.
We also provide welding services to suit all kinds of material, part, and production requirements, including:
- Aerospace welding
- Automated seam welding
- Cylindrical welding
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) or metal inert gas (MIG) welding
- Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) or tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding
In addition to our welding capabilities, we regularly conduct in-house certified weld testing services to ensure the quality and integrity of our welded parts. These services include dye-penetrant testing and hydrostatic testing.
Helander: Committed to Quality
For over eight decades, Helander has maintained a reputation for high-quality metal formed and fabricated products. The expansion of our facilities will allow us to grow and enhance our manufacturing capabilities, enabling us to further build on our legacy of excellent quality.
For more information about our metal forming and fabrication solutions, browse our free resource library. To learn more about our new facility and added capabilities—and what they mean for our customers—contact us today.